- Suitable for the northern countries in Europe
- Rumba is winterhardy and well suited for outdoor production in colder areas.
- The harvest starts early and goes on continuously without a concentrated peak during the cropping season.
- Under protected culture Rumba can be susceptible for Rhizoctonia.
- Large conical fruits
- Bright red colour and glossy fruits
- Juicy sweet tasting berries
- Excellent disease resistance
- Early variety, 7-10 days earlier than Elsanta. Can easily be made earlier with foil.
- High productivity
- Winter hard
- Bright red fruits of superb quality and flavor
- Excellent, firm, large-sized berry
- Good taste, a little bit on the acid side
- This variety is perfect for making your own jams or for freezing to enjoy when out of season
- Good frost resistance
- Good yield (egual to Elsanta)
- Sonata is sensitive to wilt (Verticillium), crown rot (Phytophthora cactorum) and root rot (Rhizoctonia)
- Robust conical shaped uniform fruits
- Sonata is a juicy strawberry with a sweet taste and a clear strawberry aroma
- Sonata is better resistant to rain and does not split as readily as Elsanta